Can the provisions of a divorce be changed after finalization?

Additional Information: I had a divorce attorney in Wellesley represent me three years ago in my divorce. Many things have changed since then and I’m thinking instead of going back to the divorce lawyer in Wellesley, it may be best for me to use a divorce mediator.


Once a judgment of divorce has become final, either through a Judge’s decision after a trial or a judgement after an agreement has been approved, the provisions can be modified.  If there has been a change in circumstance since the judgement, one party can file a complaint for modification.  If both parties can come to an agreement through mediation, they can potentially avoid costly legal fees of a contested modification, and file an Agreement for Modification.

Attorney Tracy Fischer  is a  Greater Boston family law and divorce mediator.   Divorce mediation is an alternative to divorce litigation and is often the best option for couples. Speaking with an experienced Massachusetts divorce mediator is often the best way to resolve your divorce amicably. Tracy provides mediation and family law services to individuals and families throughout the Boston Metro region including Andover, Beverly, Boxford, Burlington, Danvers, Gloucester, Marblehead, Newton, Needham, Peabody, Salem, Tewksbury, Topsfield, Waltham, Watertown,  Wayland, Wellesley, Weston and Wilmington, Massachusetts.